Nestled up against the mountain side and surrounded by tall evergreens stands our three story cabin. You’ll find great sunset views from the front deck and swing out back. The oversized deck is perfect for lounging and enjoying a meal.
The cabin sits along the Pony Express Trail and Lover’s Leap, a favorite amongst rock climbers, is just a short walk from the door. The South Fork of the American River is across the street and you can hear it from the deck. Sierra at Tahoe is 6 miles up Highway 50. Echo Lake, a favorite of ours is 10 miles up Highway 50 and a beautiful 5 mile round trip hike.
This family friendly cabin includes the following amenities:
- Kitchen with cooking and eating essentials including a Keurig machine and complimentary tea, coffee and sugar. You’ll find everything you need for cooking including a turkey roasting pan and crock pot. There is enough dishes for at least 12 people.
- 3 Bedrooms plus two extra areas for sleeping- sleeps 8-10 adults
- Two bedrooms located on top floor; one with a King Bed and pack n play, the other has a Queen Bed
- Main level has a bedroom with a Twin over Full bunk bed.
- TV room has a pull out couch and accordion doors to close for privacy
- Basement includes a futon couch for sleeping
- 2 Bathrooms- one located on main floor and the other on the top floor
- Pool Table, Darts, TV with Roku and DVD player and Gaming System located in the basement
- Pack n Play
- Baby Gates
- High Chair
- TV Room with Roku/DVD player and privacy doors located on main level
- Great room attached to kitchen on main level
- Parking for two or more vehicles
- DVD and Book Library
- Classic wood burning fireplace in great room
- Oversized deck with BBQ, table, chairs, hammock, and swing
The cabin is located behind historic Strawberry Lodge. You can enjoy a meal there or a drink at the bar. Our family enjoys ice cream cones there after dinner in the summer time. They also have an amazing fireplace to keep you warm in the winter. The Strawberry Station General Store is right across the highway. Be sure to check it out- they have ski and snowboard rentals along with snowshoes and climbing gear. You can grab any essentials that you might have forgotten- milk, eggs, soda, beer, snacks and a small Espresso bar.